Birthday Afternoon Tea coord

22:21:00
On Friday, January 8th I turned 24 years old. It was one of the quieter birthdays I had, and yet I don't feel like I missed out on anything by not having a big party. Quite the opposite, for a quiet birthday it was one of the better ones I had.

Having had a lovely dinner with my parents on Friday itself (where the staff at the restaurant surprised me by singing "Happy Birthday"), I spent the weekend with my boyfriend, with Sunday being dedicated to a traditional English afternoon tea. That simply screams Lolita, and I did not wait to deliver.



| Bodyline Sweet Macaron JSK | Infanta Swan Lake blouse | Bodyline tea parties | cupcake earrings from Kinji, Osaka | sparkly bow hair bands from Naughty Cat, Seoul | offbrand tights | cupcake ring from Etsy | gingerbread man ring from Etsy |
We went to Blondie's Twisted Tea Room in Hanley, which was quintessentially shabby chic with plenty of vintage twists. There was method in that madness with the mismatched cups, and the staff were very warm and welcoming. They also had a lot more available on the menu than I expected, which was great considering that my boyfriend doesn't drink tea or coffee (I know, I wonder if he's really English myself). I went for the sandwich afternoon tea stand with a pot of Earl Grey, and let me tell you - that could've easily filled two people. I could not finish that monster, although with everything being so delicious I did my best.




A birthday spent in Lolita is already a win in my eyes. One in Lolita with a trip to such a lovely tea room with really gorgeous food makes it that little bit better. Although fingers crossed it won't end with tea room visits being limited to birthdays.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.