Magical Tales and Princesses Meet

16:42:00
My second comm meet, and already the more I get, the more I want. Having been a lone Loli for so long both the appeal and the charm of being in a community and have other people understand your references is so amazing that I wonder how on Earth I managed not being a part of the community for so long.




Whilst I didn’t get a chance to wear that in February, I kept in mind another one of the suggestions from my EGL Dress Me Up’s partner. I changed the shoes and added a bolero to keep me warm – which then proved so warm that I barely needed my coat anyway.

| Baby the Stars Shine Bright Bright Starry Night JSK I (wine) | Axes Femme cameo blouse (navy) | Innocent World Rose Lace Millefeuille bolero (wine) | Angelic Pretty Toy March OTKs (ivory) | Souffle Song Mermaid's Song bonnet (navy) | Deary's AatP Cabriole heels replicas (navy) | Avon rose choker and earrings (red) |

The meet was themed Magical Tales and Princesses, which was right up my street, but no matter how much I tried, I simply don’t have things to make a Lolita Disney princess outfit out of. So I decided to go for a generic royal feel, which this coord has plenty of thanks to the wine and navy combination, as well as the bonnet – a must-have for every princess wanting to keep her skin snow white.

We went to Temple Newsam, a Tudor-Jacobean house about a 20min bus ride away from Leeds city centre. Luckily enough, despite it threatening to rain a few times, the weather held and whilst mostly overcast, it remained dry and warm (as I said, even though I had a coat, I hardly wore it I was that warm in my bolero). The manor proved a perfect setting for a variety of photo shoots and Lolitas in general, but as it was a quieter day, we did attract a lot of attention. I’m sure it’s nothing new, but compared to my last meet, where we only had one person ask us about our clothes, having about half a dozen people ask about the fashion and/or whether they could take photos of/with us came as a wee bit of a shock to me. On the other hand, I’ve earned another point on the Lolita Level Up Quiz, so not all bad things.



Despite the fact that Temple Newsam is a little tricky to get to (bus into some residential street, then a little trek across a public footpath), especially when going there for the first time, I would like to go there again, maybe once the gardens are in full bloom. Since the entry fee applies to the house only, it’s a perfect place for a picturesque picnic with your friends, frilly or not (though frilly makes it so much better).

As I said, I’m strongly feeling like a part of the community now, even though I’ve only attended two meets so far, but the welcoming and happy atmosphere just draws you in at the speed of light. I’m on the lookout for the next event, hoping that I’ll be able to go. This one proved that with so many things/people wanting my attention, I may not always be able to, which does make me sad – after years of lone Loli-ing I want ALL the meets! :P

 

2 comments:

  1. Leeds is a great community, I'm glad you're enjoying it!

    I need to wear my Dress Me Up co-ords - it's been hectic at work for the last three weeks but I want to get them worn soon! I really like the navy heels with this, I think they work really nicely together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if I could've been luckier with a comm than Leeds. Although some Lolis from elsewhere have recommended I join their (very commutable) comms too, which I'm doing right now.

      I'm sure you'll find the time soon enough. I look forward to seeing them. :D

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.